Travel - the trip, part 1

We are in Florida!

Our room doesn’t have wifi, like I had expected so I am trying to write in Word so I can cut and paste when I have a chance. My Word program keeps experiencing run time errors, which close down the program. When I restart the program a version of my document is saved, but it is saved with the runtime error intact. Every time I open the document, Word shuts down again.

It’s not the same error I had a couple of weeks ago, but it’s frustrating.

Anyway…

We got rerouted because of backed up schedules in Chicago. We had a longer wait before flying and I got caught up with the last two days of devotions I’d missed while Chuck staked out a corner of our gate area and took a nap.

Our new itinerary took us through Dallas where we had nearly another two hour wait. That was really good. We had time to eat and walk around a bit. We found a Borders newsstand there, which had mostly periodicals, but a couple of racks of books as well.

We’ve been looking for books. We had wanted something that neither of us had read before, hopefully fiction, but if not fiction at least a story rather than a how-to-improve-your-life book.

I went to the library before we left, but it is hard to choose a book for both of us by myself---and there were just too many books.

We tried a gift shop in Wichita, but the books weren’t tempting. They were all sensational. Stephan King. Danielle Steele.

Borders didn’t have a lot of books, but they had several that looked worth reading. We got two.

However, Chuck is ready for the beach now so I will write more later.

Comments

Popular Posts