Support

I know this is blatant grandmother pride, but this picture proves I'm not biased. They really are gorgeous. I did not take this picture. Credit goes to the baby's father for being able to capture mother-infant bonding on a digital camera. This baby looks more like his dad every day.

* * * * * * * * *

Tonight we are getting some much needed time with good friends who have also raised kids adopted through the foster care system. No one understands like someone who has been there.

I'm really not complaining. We have amazing friends and family who have not been there and are incredibly supportive. When we compare notes with other adoptive families, we find we have much more support with raising difficult kids than the average family enjoys.

The main difference between this family and our other support is not having to explain things. We've been in all the same predicaments, shared the same frustrations. I'm looking forward to tonight. It will be good.

Comments

Popular Posts