Break day

 I took a break today. Spent the day in my pajamas, which worked ok since they are sweats and no one was the wiser, until this moment. Even picked up groceries, but I do that curbside so it doesn't matter what I wear, I guess.

I don't have any sunset pictures tonight.

I have clean dishes and a plan for the meals we need tomorrow.

I enjoyed a couple of good (outdoor) conversations that might have been longer without a pandemic, but for which I am so grateful.

We made a plan for Thanksgiving that involves sharing food, but not together. We are making big portions, dividing it up, delivering it, and eating the parts in our own homes, thankfully.

I get to teach Sunday School again tomorrow, and as usual, wonder if I can do justice to the mystery of the chosen passage. This is one I've taught before, but to children instead of young people. It is also one I am still figuring out myself, so I'm hoping the youth who show up will explore it alongside me.  

Yesterday, when I clicked on the 'publish' button, I discovered that I'd written 500 posts on this blog. I had a different blog before this one, so the number isn't accurate, but it did surprise me. It includes a few I stiarted but didn't finish, and it goes all the way back to when I still had some of my own children living under my roof.

The posts that got the most views were the ones that honored the lives of loved ones who had passed away. Our parents. Some dear friends. It makes sense that in those times, many more people are drawn to grieve and give thanks together through writing. I still go back to those posts sometimes.

Anyway, I'm going to leave this five hundred and first post tonight with a sense of gratitude for all I've come through so far, and anticipation that some young people might teach me something new about the Bible in the morning.

Goodnight.


Comments

Popular Posts