Luck?

In the last three days two teenagers have come to our door after wrecking their cars nearby. We live on a sand road and it is easy to loose control in a patch of thicker sand, especially at higher speeds. The first teenager flipped the car twice and broke all the windows in her car. She ran a quarter mile to our house, very shaken and sparkling with tiny bits of glass, but otherwise unharmed. She had her seatbelt on. The second hit a telephone pole (I haven't seen the car yet so I don't know how bad it was).

This morning my son had wanted to ride his bike to school, and I love that he wants to bike and is willing to carry a heavy backpack six miles on a bike. But I worry about the local teenage (and older) drivers who fly over these sand roads late to work/school in the mornings. He rode the bus today.

Comments

Popular Posts