a gratitude journal

I bought a tiny composition book, about 3"X3", if my estimation is right.  It is a place to write down the things I love.  I'm finding that I love this book, because it is helping me to notice the good things around me.

Today's list includes these things:

While teaching Sunday School to a lively bunch of 5th-6th graders who were brimming over with conversation, I loved the sudden and completely reverent silence as they heard me read from Isaiah 2: 3-5..."Many peoples will come and say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob.  He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.'  The law will go out from Zion, the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.  He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples.  They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks.  Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.  Come, house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord."

As we worshiped, I realized how much I love the grace of Joan, who has offered her gifts and frailties so humbly in her ministry with us.

I love the swell of many voices raised in praise to God---"and Holy is your name to all generations..."

I loved the mix of Spanish and English around the table this evening while pastors from Kansas and Bolivia visited with Tim and Linda and with us over pizza in our home.

The taste of freshly sliced peaches sweetened and heaped over vanilla ice cream.

The blooms of blue salvia that continue through the entire summer.


Comments

Popular Posts