Lots to do

I've been plugging away at the yard and garden. There is always more to do. For now the beans are weeded and organically sprayed (because the leaves are like lace from bugs), the beets are weeded and also organically sprayed, the tomatoes are weeded, one row of corn hoed, flower beds hoed and mostly watered, yard mowed and raked (because the grass had been so tall, and because I need lots of compost for next year's garden).

Still to do: Hoe the rest of the corn and dig irrigation ditches between the rows; plant butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and green peppers; replant summer squash and cucumbers, mulch everything, pull weeds in back flower bed, get rid of unwanted volunteer trees, trim more bushes.

I'm having trouble feeling guilty about my resolve to not help with Bible school. Summer is a busy time and I have already added some new things. The problem is that my responsibilities do not have hours assigned to them, so it feels funny to say I am too busy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know your limits, so do not feel guilty. There are many ways to serve the Lord.
From my youth folks in and out of my family urged me to be a pastor, but I do not feel called. My calling is intercession and until I hear anything different that's what I'll do.

Popular Posts