What do you do with your time???

For those of you who have been home sick for Kansas, it is time to set that aside until September. The chiggers are here. Time to get out the toxic sprays and protect ourselves from itching that can drive one insane.

Haven't been writing much, obviously. I have been spending a lot of time in two places.

The garden has been getting a lot of attention. I am finally done hoeing all of the vegetables and making trenches between the rows of corn for irrigation. I began the mulching this evening and got 2/3 done with the tomatoes. We didn't begin until about 7:30 pm so we made pretty good time. Chuck doesn't really have time to help me right now because the farm is pretty busy. But he was working on an auger where he could see me with my pitchfork pitching compost into the wheelbarrow and then trudging to the tomatoes to throw it back out of the wheelbarrow. He felt sorry for me. When he finished with the auger he took the pitchfork and the wheelbarrow away from me and let me spread out the newspapers and push the compost up close the the tomato plants.

The tomatoes need cages yet this week, before they get so big that I have to break branches to fit the cages over them. The long beans need a cattle panel to climb. And everything else still needs mulch.

When the veggies have what they need, I need to hoe the parts of the garden that don't have anything. I have a pretty big garden, and since I didn't put in potatoes this spring, I have extra space.

Besides gardening, I've found an on line support group for people who are raising kids that have attachment disorder. Summer is always more stressful with attachment disorder in the house. It is nice to be able to find encouragement during the moments I can grab. I don't have to leave the house, or find a sitter, or wait until the next scheduled meeting. It works pretty good.

Comments

Popular Posts