Why are they called garage bands?

Tim has three friends here to start a band. It is not bluegrass.

I'm really enjoying it but I understand now why high school rock bands are called garage bands. They are loud enough that they have to be in the garage in order to hear the phone or have a conversation or hear yourself think. I gave them ear protection, but it was working too well for them. They did fine with the music but they couldn't hear each other talk between songs.

I was hoping the Beyond Consequences book would arrive today and I'd have something to post from that, but no such luck. I guess I'll take my Newsweek and Sojourners and Geez magazines upstairs and see if it's possible to read a little farther from the band.

They really do sound pretty good. But very large amplifiers in a small livingroom make for a high decibel sound.

Comments

spiderwart said…
You have to post a video of Luke dancing for me. Every time I think of his little head bopping from side to side I can't stop smiling!

Popular Posts