Projects

Finished a project and started another. Last night I put the last stitches into this shawl. I did not waste an inch of yarn. In the last row (the binding off row) I ran out before the end of the row and started to panic. Then I realized that I'd left quite a long end at the beginning of the project. I cut off as much as I could from that beginning end and added it to the end and managed to just finish with enough left to tie in so there won't be any unravelling. Sorry for the washed out pic. I couldn't quite get the photo by myself. I was in a hurry so I had Chuck try to take it while on a phone call. So, there was one pic with no second thoughts.



Here it is again, without the washed out middle aged model. It is on some cloth I found at Et cetera shop yesterday. 6 yards for around $6 dollars that will make a tablecloth and 12 napkins if I'm careful. I also found another piece that I will use for a couple dozen more napkins for every day use. Unfortunately my camera does not accurately capture the color of the cloth. It is not so pink and a bit more rust colored. It goes well with my corelle and my mismatched flatware.



The other project this week has been getting our account books completely up to date so that I can go back to trying to live with a budget. I like having a budget. Instead of constraint it feels more like an adventure, as long as it doesn't have to be impossibly tight.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts