Florida 2

Confession time: I've been inside Walmart twice in the last week. The first time was in Newton to get some things for the trip that I couldn't find anywhere else. The second time was here. Chuck needed sunglasses, our room needed dish soap, we wanted a universal remote for the tv, and since we wanted to rent a movie we needed some little speakers for my laptop. And we needed pop. Well, I needed pop. Here is my computer with the new speakers and the comforting glass of pop.



We haven't been able to find a video rental store or even a redbox nearby. There aren't even any fast food places in our area. So we were glad to see a redbox inside the walmart and we rented 'My Life In Ruins' with Nia Vardalos (from 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding').

In the afternoon we spent some more time on the beach, Chuck swam, and I had my Thursday chat with Becca. :-)



The Olympics had a direct influence on our choice of where to eat supper. Chuck had seen all the Outback Steakhouse commercials while we were still at home and he was craving a great steak. Steak has never been high on my list of favorite foods, but I ordered steak as well. We both had 6oz. sirloins, and I had a lobster/mushroom sauce over mine. It was amazing. I guess if you want a good steak, that is the place to go. This is just before we left for the restaurant in front of our room on which the number '2' is plainly marked.



After supper we watched the movie. It was Ok but we probably won't see it a second time.

This morning we slept in long past sunrise. It looks like this will be the coolest day we are here so there was not even any talk from Chuck about swimming today. We went to a nearby state park for several hours, to walk, enjoy another beach, and have our devotions. Here's Chuck having his



and me having mine.


Here are a couple of sunflower type flowers I found while I was walking




and some waxy new leaves of a sea grape plant.


We'd decided to go to an open air beachfront mall where there would be live music. From what we could tell from the write-up on the internet, there would be all kinds of live music along a 2 1/2 mile stretch of beachfront shops, and there would be plenty of restaurants where we could eat.

Well, I got the location wrong so we walked along the beachfront quite a while before we found the area.


Then we found out there was only one group playing live music at an open air bandshell. The band would be playing classic rock. There were loads of open air restaurants of every type of food except local seafood. We chose Greek and I had a gyro. I also finally found out how to pronounce gyro---yerro. Chuck had a pork kabob, in true loyalty to his profession.


We decided to skip the open air classic rock concert and stopped at Walmart for the 3rd time to get breakfast food and return our redbox movie. Then we headed back to the room where Chuck successfully programmed the universal remote and then used it to find the Olympics!


I've written quite a list of annoying facts about our room, and not even included the fact that it adjoins two other rooms, from which we can hear complete conversations, or that when someone showers in one of those rooms it sounds like they are in our shower. But I haven't told you what it looks like when you look out our window or step out our door. So feast your eyes on our courtyard.


And that's it for tonight.

Comments

Popular Posts