More From Brene Brown

The UP Experience from Brené Brown on Vimeo.

I viewed this video this evening.  It plays better if you press play, and then pause it until it is completely loaded.  She speaks for a wide audience, so the topic is not openly spiritual, but it is loaded with spiritual implications.  What is the difference between shame and guilt?  Why does guilt allow us to make amends while shame does not?  If everyone experiences shame, why are some weighed down and controlled by it while others are able to experience it and heal and move on?  Is it different to say, "I am someone who sins" than it is to say "I am a sinner"?  How do we keep in our minds that we are a creation of God, and still understand fully that to be human includes messing up and making up?  Brene does not frame her research in these terms.  I'm working on this in my own head.

Comments

Popular Posts