Time for Hope



The monarchs have been captivating this year

The last weeks have been tough.

I'm missing Mom a lot.

And then there is the news.
I'm saddened by the conflict in our country over the confirmation of Brett Kavanaugh, 
as much because he was confirmed 
in spite of the accusations against him, 
and in spite of his behavior while he testified on his own behalf,

as because there seemed to be no way to talk about it with respect. 

We speak in the language of outrage right now. 
Dr. Ford seemed to be one of the few who managed to maintain some sensibility of respectful dialogue. 
Dr. Kavanaugh did not.
Many senators on both sides did not.
The public discourse has been so difficult.

So again, the split widens. The distrust increases.

Autumn berries along the Sand Creek Trail

Today I looked up the lectionary readings for the coming week.
After a week that has so little hope, the readings are full of hope,
full of resting in hope,
seeing a bigger picture.

So today,
I share these photos of the beauty I've seen in the last days.

This week, I'll try to share the passages to the blog.

Bluestem grasses near our home

For just a bit of lightheartedness, I want to share some conversation with my four-year-old grand-daughter.
She has a little trouble with pronouncing Rs and Ls, so sometimes I misunderstand her.
Today she was telling me about how she wanted to make a great big balloon and fill it up with "peypo".
I asked, "A balloon filled with paper?"
"NO! Not that! A balloon full of hoomans!"
"Oh!" I said. "A balloon full of PEOPLE!"
"Yes," she said.
May we all be as good at making ourselves understood as she is.

Comments

Popular Posts