I'm still here, sort of

For those of you who are still checking this site, thank you so much.

I’d like to say that I haven’t been posting because I have made so much progress on my nanowrimo project, but I haven’t written a word anywhere since Sunday. It has been quite a week.

We’ve had harvest, medical tests, an in house theft (meaning one of us stole from another of us and we had to spend three days figuring it out and setting it straight), a son moving into a correctional facility, and all the regular stuff.

Harvest ended yesterday, so now the summer farm work is officially over and I can get to know my husband again---YEA!

Feelings are beginning to simmer down from the in house theft.

There will still be lots to process with the correctional facility stuff. We had a very good visit with my son at the detention facility two days before he was moved. He was friendly and talkative and seemed glad to see us. But he isn’t anywhere close to being someone that would be safe for society yet and that is such a sobering and heavy thing.

So far so good on the medical stuff.

The regular stuff? I tried making hummus yesterday. True to my usual “try to do too much” style I ended up with 8 cups of cooked chick peas. This works out to a very large quantity of hummus. I like it. I made half of it plain and half with some sour cream and cumin and cayenne. There is a lot of it. Did I already say that? It is a huge quantity for a family that hasn’t eaten much hummus before. But a lot of it will go into the freezer for future fun and easy meals.

I baked bread a couple of times this week.

I painted the second coat on the walls of the spare bedroom. Actually I don’t know if I did that this week or the end of last, but I took the tape off the edges and moved the furniture out of the middle of the room this week for sure. The color is called ‘melon popsicle’. Whenever I see that color with the grayish blue of the carpet I think of the Bronco’s without any intensity---Broncos Lite, I guess. It still needs something, but I’m not a decorator in either aptitude or desire. I’d rather be content with walls that looks smooth and clean, even if it isn’t Martha Stewart or feng shui.

We had cheese dip this week.

Three practices this week culminate in a Sunday afternoon performance for youth symphony and then the fall season is over.

OK. Now I’m going to go write terribly in my nanowrimo that has no real name or plot or even believable characters, but is great writing practice WHEN I actually do it.

Comments

Popular Posts