yin and yang

It has been a nasty nasty weekend with a pretty good ending and a couple of bright spots in the middle.

We had major blowouts at home on Saturday and this morning culminating in an afternoon of play away from our family for one of the boys today and and early bedtime last night for the same boy. Tonight he is much meeker, but I'm still on edge a bit. But...after the early bedtime I got to watch Million Dollar Baby, which was very worth watching, and this afternoon I attended Youth Symphony and had a wonderful time imagining that my son was playing a solo on his horn.

He was playing his horn. He was the only horn player playing, even though previously he'd told me that the other player was playing the first part on all the pieces that had two horn parts. And at the end of the piece when the conductor motioned for the soloists to stand, he stood. So I thought he'd just kept this really great secret from us all that he had a solo.

But I was wrong. He was playing alone because the other horn player kept losing her place so she would put her horn down and wait for the next cue. He stood up for the soloists because at the last youth symphony concert when the conductor made that motion, he wanted all the winds to stand. So my son stood, and then smiled because only one other wind player was standing---the flutist who had a brief solo.

And after the boys' bedtime tonight I got another nearly 2,000 words written on nanowrimo, so although I'm not even close to being on track with the schedule, I AM motivated again. Goodnight. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts