The first day of Christmas

It's been a good day. A visit with Mom and Grandma (who actually was sleeping) in the morning, then errands, then lunch with Ben and Chuck that included good food and good conversation. Luke was here for the afternoon and was terrific as usual. I got to talk with Randy on the phone for a while, keeping him from his work longer than I should have. Tim and Wes got home from school. Then Andrea joined us, and then Becca and Joseph, and finally Greg. We pulled together a supper out of what Andrea had already started (a delicious pizza) and stuff I had, and then enjoyed each other's company.

Highlights:
*Seeing Shannon's care as she helped my grandmother into bed this morning.

*Hearing about Ben's best ever and worst ever gifts---and discussing what makes gifts fun or disappointing.

*Learning that when ordering a hamburger at a chinese restaurant, it is wise to smell the mustard before putting it on the hamburger. It's OK. I like clear sinuses.

*Smelling Andrea's pizza baking.

*Watching Luke light up when he heard Laura's voice on speaker phone. He talked back to her and kissed the phone a couple of times and smiled and smiled.

*CJ (our Boston terrier) singing/howling along with Greg who was playing recorder.

*A whole evening hanging out with Becca, who stayed up long past the exhaustion point to be with us.

Even as I've savored this day, my thoughts have been with others close to us who have had a much more difficult day today. I hope they feel the thoughts and prayers coming their way.

Comments

Popular Posts