Gran Torino

Yup, we went to a theatre and saw a movie that hasn't already gone to dvd. The choices at our local theatre that I would consent to included Gran Torino, Marley and Me, and Valkyrie. I didn't want mindless and we both decided against a downer so we chose Gran Torino. After you see it you can decide if we were successful in getting what we wanted.

Clint Eastwood played himself in a story made for me (yes there is a sap quotient). I don't think it will be a timeless classic unless it ends up being Eastwood's last movie, but we enjoyed it. The acting is somewhat wooden, but I liked the story enough to not mind that too much. I'm not good at teasers so I won't tell you much about it other than it deals with prejudice, redemption, and with standing up for what is right regardless of risk.

Before the movie we had lunch at Mokas and did some shopping. Afterwards we ate at Napoli's and had a quiet evening of conversation. The boys were at their respective youth retreats so we had a free evening.

Comments

Popular Posts