Zoo Trip

Last Friday Laura and Luke and I went to the zoo and I wanted to post these pics so that she could see them. Luke was mostly interested in walking, and spent more time looking at the paths than at the animals. But it was a wonderfully warm day and he had lots of paths to walk on.

The other thing he really wanted to do was play with the sand on the ground in the petting zoo. That sand is where all the poo ends up, so we did quite a bit of washing up.

When we did see animals he would talk to them in a high pitched voice, just like we talk to him.

 


 



 



 


When he walked so much he got pretty tired. If he fell he would hurt his hands on the pavement, so we tied Laura's scarf to his overall straps to break his falls. That worked pretty well.
Posted by Picasa


Luke was here today and did something he hasn't done for me before. We played for quite a while all over the house. Then he led me to the room where he usually naps. He went to the rocker and patted the seat. When I made a move to go back downstairs he didn't want to come. I realized he was telling me he was tired. We warmed a bottle, settled into the rocker, and he had a good long nap.

It's such fun seeing him learn how to communicate. Every day is new.

Comments

Popular Posts