moving

All three of my married kids have moved or will move in the next 6 months. The most recent move happened last week when my son and daughter-in-law moved into town. They were married this spring. He has been a full time volunteer at a food bank for two years and then worked the last year for wages in the same position. He's also a musician and a self taught computer whiz. His new wife is a teacher with a special interest in working with the visually disabled. She has spent several summers doing tactile illustrations and brailling of books for blind children. Now they are here. He will farm with us for a year and then try other things.

My daughter and her husband just moved to Vermont for school. She is a pastry chef at this amazing bakery and you can buy 24 cookies she baked here for only $29.95 plus shipping and handling. She did all the baking for a local health food/deli for the last year. Her husband is an artist and has introduced us all to graphic novels and art as story. He will be attending the Center For Cartoon Studies. He makes incredible refried beans which I try to imitate. Sunday my boys told me I was getting close, but not quite as good yet. He also makes a pretty wonderful chicken parmigiana. I ordered some at an upscale Italian restaurant last night because I missed them, but it wasn't as good.


My oldest daughter is finishing nursing school. When she gets done she and her husband, who is a social worker, will be moving here for a while. They both enjoy people and she is currently working at a home for the elderly while she finishes school. He was my main child care worker while they attended a local college five or six years ago. Because we have adopted some children who were abused, their care was challenging and he was quick to learn and willing to work hard.

I love how they enjoy being together. It is good for me to see them be so close to each other after they are grown. My boys who are still home respect them and try to be like them. They turn down chances to be with friends if their older sibs might be home. The married kids really listen to the boys, give them respect and encouragement, and are good examples for them. The boys want to be like them. So do I.

Comments

Popular Posts