A few words...

"You’re not a mom unless there’s a kid; you’re not a writer unless there are words on the page."

This is a quote from the blog, Writing on the Water

I'm going to have to organize my life differently to be a writer, because most days there are not words on any pages, virtual or otherwise. Last night I skipped one of my favorite movies to write. I'm messing around with a story. Messing around is an accurate description. It will probably never be a real story but the more I write the more I learn to write. That is what I tell myself every time I read over it and realize I have way too many characters, or when Chuck reads it and says, "Is there anyone in this story that you don't know personally?" AAaaaahhh!!!

So I write, not for publication, but for sublimation.

Comments

Anonymous said…
While I'm all for keeping your audience in mind, I also believe in NOT writing for publication. That's a bit like having children just to have someone to take care of you in your old age. Yeah, it's nice if it works out that way, but misses the point.

Good luck to you as you figure how to fit writing into your life. And thanks for stopping by my blog, too. I responded to your comment, and appreciate your thoughts.

Popular Posts