More Grandma stuff

OK, I have to do at least a little more Grandma blogging because I have enough friends and family who won't see this baby for a little while.

This is Laura at her baby shower the day before Luke was born. I'm so sorry I don't have a picture from this week of Greg. He has some really wonderful ones on his facebook page, so if you are his friend, go look at them there.

The rest of these were taken this afternoon. I got too close with the camera and it was giving me the red light 'can't focus properly' message, but I didn't listen. Even blurry, he's pretty amazing.


The muscle man pose is because this is the first time he has ever worn thick clothing and he doesn't know how to pull his arms in close to his body when he's wearing a sweater.


When our babies were born, I was told that having one eye more closed than the other was a trait of my husband's family and usually happened when the baby was tired. He was tired, so maybe that is why one eye is smaller.


Such a peaceful look.


He's only two days old, or he will be at 11:41 tonight. Already he has changed. His baby cry that sounded like most other babies, now sounds like only him. He has a high pitched squeak that comes into his cry. I've never heard anything quite like it. And, of course, because it is his unique cry that no one else has, it isn't a bit annoying.

God delights in each of us as much as I delight in Luke. More than that, actually. The magnitude of that is beyond my comprehension. How can God love Luke more than his parents do? They are overwhelmed with the intensity of their love for him. But God does. And not only Luke. God loves the people who aren't sweet and tiny and innocent, like me. It is truth that invites response.

Comments

Popular Posts