My first string bag


This one was a steep learning curve, nearly entirely made of stitches I'd never done before. Still, I changed the pattern to make it bigger and made two handles instead of just one, changed the color for the handles, and instead of seaming the handles the way the instructions directed, learned a way to weave the handle to the bag so that you can't see the join. (Of course I made the handles another color because I chose to make the bag bigger which caused me to run out of yarn before I got to the handles, and so I had to do something...)

I finished it while watching "Blind Side" with Tim. Enjoyed Sandra Bullock. Enjoy the complexity of a real life story that raises questions. Is it racist? Does it matter whether it's racist if good things result? What would have happened if a nice middle class family took in Michael, instead of a rich family who had access to so many privileges and knew so many powerful people?

Still, I love the story. I love stories about someone willing to follow their heart and do what they think is right no matter what. People who do that generally get some things wrong. Sometimes they get big things wrong. But still, it makes a difference somehow, to go out on a limb and make things happen.

Comments

Becca said…
Great job on the string bag! You are very brave to change the pattern that much and it all looks awesome! Also, nice job finding those shoes. You'll have to let me know how you feel about running "barefoot".

Popular Posts