Vacation - Testosterone 2

Visiting a National Park allows you to hike in close proximity to many people. On our way to Hidden Falls, Tim and I walked within hearing distance of a couple of young women. They were talking about the father of one of them.

The discussion began as we passed a young woman in rock climbing gear teaching a class of excited and nervous rock climbers with their ropes and helmets and special packs.

The daughter of the man in question said that she had tried rock climbing with her dad. She decided that the ground was a good place to be. She had no desire to try it again.

Her friend asked her if her dad still climbs. He does. A lot.

He also jumps out of airplanes. He also jumps off of mountains, using a hang glider.

"How many bones has he broken?"

"All of them, just about.....twice!"

Tim and I laughed.

Later I referred back to this overheard conversation. I told Tim I knew he had done the rock climbing at Rocky Mtn. Mennonite Camp. I asked how many of the other things he would do? Was there anything he'd be scared to do.

He said the only thing he was really scared of was heights. However, he would like to jump out of an airplane someday. And jumping off a mountain using a hang glider sounded pretty good to him, too. And did I remember the guys wearing wing suits that he and Ben had watched on You Tube?

Comments

Popular Posts