Blood Pressure Rising

Usually that means something about getting angry.

Today it just means that the meds I'm taking to control one problem have created another. It's not such a big deal. I'm in good health. My practitioner says I have the heartbeat of an athlete. The novelty of it (maybe novelty is not a good word) is that other than weight issues I've never really had much of any concern about my health. I've been pretty fortunate, and still am. It is sobering to read the web sites with lists of problems that can occur from high blood pressure. Nearly all are pretty serious. But my blood pressure has only been high for a short while and there are other options. I could change meds. I could choose to live with the other problem which is NOT life threatening but only VERY incovenient. I could add blood pressure meds---but I haven't even thought about the side effects of those yet.

At any rate, for the first time in my life exercise and diet seem like more than a personal preference. Exercise and diet can lower blood pressure, at least to some degree. But exercise and diet also make you feel pretty good, so there is an immediate reward as well as a health reward.

* * * * *

Actually there has been some of the other kind of blood pressure rising. I'm not very gracious about being lied to. This is unfortunate because I relate closely to people who just never feel safe enough to tell the truth. Most of the time I can get part of the truth. A lot of the time I can even get most of it. But there are days when I know I can forget about most of what was said and that I will have to fact check the stuff that needs attention. So today I wasn't so gracious.

Comments

Popular Posts