Outdoors

I finally dug my bike out of the back of the garage, checked the tires, and rode it to town to hang out with my daughter-in-law and to do errands. My bike behaved quite well. My leg muscles didn't. When I got home, I went downstairs to get something and nearly fell, because my legs felt like noodles.

In spite of that, I feel great. I enjoyed every minute of the ride even though I was slow and my muscles felt overwhelmed a lot of the time. The sun was shining, birds were singing, and I was riding so slowly that I could actually see the birds that sang as I passed them. The weather was beautiful for riding. There was a brisk north breeze that pushed me into town, and slowed me down on the way home. I spent quite a bit of time in gears so low that I'd hardly ever used them before...but I used to be in shape and now I'm only beginning to move in that direction.

This afternoon I got a few seeds into the garden: spinach, romaine lettuce, and beets so far. So I guess I did my thing for a better world today.

Comments

Popular Posts