Gratitude - 11

I'm past 1/3 of the way through a month of gratitude. Today was the first Monday of summer vacation. I spent the greater part of the day in the kitchen getting some things made for the freezer. We now have wheat bread, oatmeal bread, pitas, hummus, yogurt, muesli, and chocolate chip cookies. It won't last long. I'll enjoy it while I have it.

Today I am grateful for:
  1. A day when I could see what I'd accomplished at the end of the day.
  2. Cracker Barrel supper, courtesy of friends of Ben and Andrea---Thanks!
  3. More greens from the garden.
  4. Walking and talking in the dark with Chuck while we watch approaching lightening in the distance.
  5. Enough resolve to finish cleaning the kitchen before relaxing.

Comments

spiderwart said…
1. A day without plans.

2. a chance to go shopping, and a 2 yr old who cooperated.

3. time with another friend and her nearly 2 yr old.

4. A supper I didn't have to cook.

5. hand-me-downs.
1. Joseph and I watching the last episode of a show we've been watching together for most of our marriage.
2. Booking a hotel and making plans for our weekend away.
3. A modest success with a bread which has been failing every time for a couple of months now.
4. A very nice compliment from a co-worker I have tons of respect for.
5. A great card in the mail from Kansas.
Ben & Andrea said…
1. Hours talking on the porch with good friends this past weekend.
2. The feeling of warmth all around me when I walked out of my overly air-conditioned school.
3. Summer holidays! Whoohoo!
4. Clothes on the line that are dying fast.
5. Anticipation of learning to make rugs at etc tomorrow morning.

Popular Posts