Gratitude - 7

My gratitude for today is:
  1. A pleasant evening with Andrea hanging out here with us.
  2. Cooking for an appreciative group.
  3. How sweet it is to have Luke push up against me while he falls asleep at nap time. (This one will appear again, I'm sure. I never get used to how good it is.)
  4. The smile on Andrea's face when Luke insisted that she snuggle with him after his bath tonight.
  5. Wes grabbing the vacuum and taking over vacuuming the living room for me when he got home from school.
  6. Long phone calls from Vermont.
Today is the 16th year since Rhonda died. During the last year her first grandchild was born. I remember wondering how it was that life could go on after such a horrendous thing as murder. It does, but she is still missed.

It's still early (for me) but I'm too tired to write more tonight. Hoping everyone has a good evening tonight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh my, one of those precious little girls is old enough for kids?! I suppose life going on in this way is one of God's reminders that the good can still come despite the awful.

Popular Posts