Gratitude - 16

Today I am grateful for:
  1. Early morning walk where I recognized the calls of cardinals, meadowlarks, dick sissels, red wing black birds, quail, morning doves, pheasant, and all manner of less melodic birdsongs. I flushed a pheasant right next to the road.
  2. Wes. He gave his faith story in church today. I would post the video of it here, but the sound did not pick up well and I am so disappointed about that. His words moved many people.
  3. Aunt Clara. We celebrated her life today and spent hours reminiscing. I learned a lot.
  4. Evening thunderstorm, with rain, exactly when my little plants in the garden needed it.

Comments

Ben & Andrea said…
It's WAY easier to do this on your birthday...
1. Being reminded of all the people who love me.
2. Sitting on the porch with a friend, while it rained around us
3. An amazing lunch at La Cabana with Ben
4. An unexpected, substantial, loving email from a good friend I haven't talked to in a while.
5. A wonderful afternoon that reminded me how much I love my husband's family.
1. Time to pull all the tiny weeds out of the front flowerbed.
2. The amazing amount the seedlings have grown in the three days I was gone.
3. Kiwi on sale.
4. Good Indian food made for us by a friend visiting from out of town.
5. A very successful first attempt at strawberry ice cream. Mmmmm.

Popular Posts