Gratitude - 2

I looked at my notes from the conference and found a couple of thoughts about abundant gratitude that seemed important enough to write down at the time.

How do we make gratitude a companion in our lives? Pay attention.

"Beauty and grace are performed whether or not we will sense them. The best we can do is try to be there." Annie Dillard

Attention nurtures gratitude.

Seeing God everywhere is possible because God is everywhere to be seen.

Living a life of gratitude is one of the easiest spiritual disciplines because we always have all that we need with us. We have everything we need within us.

Things I am grateful for today:
  1. a 2 for 1 book sale at pages...and a new book about writing, maybe to get motivated again
  2. someone taking all the collected recycling items in my kitchen, smashing them, and then placing them in the recycling bins behind the house without being asked.
  3. walking into Prairie Harvest to see two teenage friends are working today, and their faces light up when they see me
  4. enjoying 'You've Got Mail" one more time (sorry Ben) on yet another unexpected evening alone with Chuck that included homemade chili and more ice cream
  5. meeting the pastoral candidate this morning and finding myself so impressed with her gifts and clear thinking and her joyful and reverent heart.
Keep on adding your own lists. I'm loving it!

Comments

1. Managing to get my husband two unexpected anniversary gifts that he not only did NOT return, but LOVED.
2. Really good Mexican food provided in insane abundance by my friend Jose's parents.
3. Another beautiful day outside with the promise of time spent with good friends.
4. A smooth day at work, filled with laughter, all in spite of only about four hours of sleep.
5. My amazing Mom, who inspires me to focus on gratitude instead of the negative things in my life.

Popular Posts