Gratitude - 15

Last night as I drove to the airport to pick up Mary Lou, two ambulances passed me on that short stretch of Kellogg in between I 235 and the airport exit. They took the airport exit and I got a bit worried. As I drove down the airport road I passed a lot of other ambulances, maybe 15, maybe more. I was relieved to notice that they were near the UPS hangar, so I relaxed about Mary Lou's flight.

Then I got into the airport and at the waiting area people were talking about the flight that was supposed to arrive at 9:30. The monitors all said that it was supposed to arrive at 9:45, and that it was on time. But 9:45 was really 15 minutes late, because the flight was scheduled to arrive at 9:30. An older man made a phone call. "Are you in Wichita? What is happening?"

He turned to his companion and said, "The Frontier flight had to make an emergency landing because something was wrong with the landing gear or the brakes, but they are here and OK."

So I got the scary and the relief all in one brief message.

Today I am grateful for:
  1. Mary Lou's SAFE arrival!!!
  2. Long conversation that picks up where we left off, no hesitation, sharing lives, figuring out faith, asking the hard questions and understanding each other.
  3. A house full of people all working, enjoying breaks and lunch, hanging out.
  4. A completely empty house for about an hour and a half between supper and the airport.
  5. Andrea spending a rare day here on the farm.

Comments

Oooh, I wish I was there to see Mama Lou!

1. A sunny sandy beach to lay on.
2. A good husband and two good friends to enjoy it with me.
3. The thrilling fear I feel when I see a "big" wave coming towards me.
4. Ice cream.
5. Finding shells, snails, hermit crabs and starfish.
Hey BeccaBoo, it's mamalou! I miss you...your aura is all over the bedroom still. It's like home to be here.

Popular Posts