Shopping

We don't have much experience with buying furniture.

We have purchased one hide-a-bed and one futon since we got married. Both were purchased in order to provide a place to sleep for overnight guests.

The rest of our seating needs have been filled with various hand-me-downs.

I'm kind of ready for some furniture that looks like it was chosen,
but I struggle with perennial guilt about spending.

We do have places to sit, right?
Why spend money on new places to sit?


Last summer, we agreed that we could get new living room furniture (seating). We went to a tent sale and we went to another furniture store. I got overwhelmed with the prices, the deals that were only good for a few days, the styles, the fabrics, the differences in quality. I did what I do when I get overwhelmed. I decided I could do this later.


Last summer, I took Chuck along with me.
That was good, because I realized that he did not have a lot of strong feelings about the styles I liked. 
He also did not really enjoy spending much time thinking about the options.
This gave me the permission I needed to shop on my own.


I've gone now several times to the store I liked best.
I've looked at swatches, brought swatches home, measured, re-measured, adjusted when the thing I thought I wanted did not come in the size I needed.


Today I made some decisions that will force me to make more decisions down the road.

I'm waiting for the second thoughts to kick in, but so far, I'm good.

Sort of feels like I've waited a long time to check off this 'grown-up' task.

No previews.
I did not choose any of these pictured sofas.

Surprised?


Comments

Popular Posts