Two and a half weeks

The other day I heard on the news that the election will be on November 4. Now I knew this. But really, until that moment, I didn't register that if we had an election, then the campaign would be over. Am I ready for the campaign to be over? Will life be the same without it? What will I do without Bush to blame?

I'm worried about what happens after the election. Even if my guy wins, the problems we have will suddenly be his problems. It will take a very short time for people to move from looking at him for answers to blaming him for not being magical. I heard someone else on the news suggest that no matter who wins, this will be a one term president. The problems are just so huge that no one can succeed, and whoever is in office will be blamed for not being able to do enough.

And if that isn't enough gloom and doom for you, I read in "The Mennonite" this week that the ice cap over the North Pole melted at a much higher rate than predicted this summer. If it continues to melt at this rate it will be gone in five years. But between the three drivers in our family, we still drove to town five times today.

I'm recycling tomorrow! (but that means driving again)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I imagine the problems in 1932 seemed insurmountable and that the president elected that year would be a one-termer, too. But he was elected two more times. Seems kind of like we might have some similarities to that time...
-LSB

Popular Posts