Good Day

I'm tired with that good kind of tired that comes from a day spent well.

My grandson turned six last week, and since he happened to need a place to be today, and since I had no other grandchildren here today, we had a day of special activities.

When he arrived this morning the first thing we did was list the things we wanted to do.
We wanted to include
art
baking
games
see migrating pelicans at a nearby lake
have lunch at Braums with his dad and grandpa
shopping for Pokemon cards
wrestle with his dad and grandpa

We got to do all of those things and a couple more as well.

Charlie's art

Pelicans, taken with my phone through my binoculars

Now the house is empty, but for me. 
Dishes are done
A candle is lit
The lights are dimmed
Sarah McLachlan is on the stereo
I'm finished with my daily practice (see this link).
It's time for reflection


Returning to this routine daily has been so good for me.

*   *   *   *   *

Charlie asked me if I still knit. I told him I have a sweater that is more than two thirds finished, but that I have chosen to write this month, so I haven't had time to work on it. I kind of need this sweater. It's wool, and without the wood stove, I'll be glad for the extra layer against the drafts. Might be good to get back to working on that yet tonight.



Comments

Popular Posts