long day, good news.

I spent the day at a hospital two hours from home while my son had a medical test. As I finished my drive home I was greeted by another beautiful Kansas sunset.



I'm grateful for:
A warm and comfortable welcome from my nephew and his wife and son while I stayed with them.

Warm oatmeal with raisins prepared by their young son and his mother.

Some time in an empty waiting room for having my devotions.

Meeting new and friendly people.

Good medical help.

Good outcomes.

A tasty bowl of home made tomato soup served with a cheesy biscuit, squash bars, and good conversation before heading home.

A quiet evening, ham and green bean soup, and an episode of "This is Us" before going to bed.

*   *   *   *   * 

Today, after finishing the procedure at the hospital, the doctor spoke with us about my son's condition.

"Let me tell you about your heart by describing something. Think of a really big tree. It has this huge strong trunk, and then are the lower branches, that are very strong and spread out. Up higher are more branches where birds build their nests. The problem you have is like a little bird sitting on a tiny twig on the smallest branch at the top of the tree.

Your heart is healthy.

There are no blockages.

It would be good to find ways to lower your stress.

*   *   *   *   *

Can't ask for a better result than this.

Comments

Popular Posts